Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 10.01.19 - SMD Using New Request Management System Starting Oct. 1
- As of October 1, 2019, the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) is using the new HEC Request Management System (RMS) for requesting and managing allocations on NAS and NCCS computing resources.
- 02.14.20 - Accelerating Science with AI and Machine Learning
- Using the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) Advanced Data Analytics Platform (ADAPT), NASA researchers are accelerating scientific research with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- 02.10.20 – How Quiet Can You Go?
- Full-scale simulations of a Boeing 777 run on the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility’s Pleiades supercomputer by scientist Mehdi Khorrami, NASA Langley Research Center, aim to reduce aircraft landing noise and improve the quality of life for communities near major airports.
- 02.05.20 - Pluto's Icy Nitrogen Heart Makes its Atmosphere Spin Backwards
- A weather forecast simulation run at the NAS Division shows that cyclical changes in nitrogen ice on Pluto's surface drive winds that blow in the opposite direction to the frigid world’s spin.
- 01.24.20 - How Earth Climate Models Help Scientists Picture Life on Unimaginable Worlds
- NASA’s Discover supercomputer is tasked with running sophisticated climate models to predict Earth’s future climate but is also sussing out something much farther away: whether any of the more than 4,000 curiously weird planets beyond our solar system discovered in the past two decades could support life.
- 01.23.20 - Simulations Reveal Galaxy Clusters Details
- University astrophysicists probed galaxy clusters using NASA's Pleiades and the National Science Foundation's Blue Waters, Comet, and Stampede2 supercomputers.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS